qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU 0.14.0 release plan

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QEMU 0.14.0 release plan
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:14:44 -0600

On 11/29/2010 01:58 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:
On 29.11.2010, at 20:29, Anthony Liguori wrote:

Is 2 just right?
I was thinking of a more sophisticated model. Maybe 1 maintainer + 1 user? Or 1
person who knows his way around the area + 1 more?

+ 1 user?  cute :-)

2 Acks seems like a good place to start.

Thoughts?

Please set up a mailing list we can just CC for stable candidates, so they
don't get lost. Motivation for keeping track of stable stuff differs between
developers and it's essential to make the kick-off easily accessible. It's
worked out very well for Linux, so why not for us?

Is the desire to filter mail or have private discussions that are not on
qemu-devel?

If it's the former, a [STABLE] tag in the subject would work just as well.  If
it's the later, I think it runs contrary to the goal of getting more people
involved in stable.
The desire is to have an easy to set tag. [STABLE] to me indicates that the
patch is specifically made for stable. CC to stable@ tells me that the patch
should go into stable as soon as it's submitted upstream and if it doesn't
apply cleanly, the stable maintainer nags the author about a backport.

Okay, as long as stable is just there for CC and qemu-devel stays in the loop. Can't do it right now but remind me again when Savannah is back up.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Alex