qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] CFP: 1st International QEMU Users Forum
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 16:19:38 +0100

On 26.11.2010, at 16:10, Peter Maydell wrote:

> On 26 November 2010 14:21, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> But the key point is breadth, it should not be a "KVM Forum" but rather an
>> Open Virtualization conference with topics as high level as cloud software
>> automation and as low level as asynchronous page faults :-)
>
> Does that breadth include the emulation/TCG side of qemu or only
> the virtualisation/KVM side? I'm never quite sure with titles that
> just say "Virtualization"...

Historically, virtualization gatherings have been fairly non-tcg friendly. I
don't see why we'd have to continue that trend though. A lot of the code
actually affects both sides.

I'd assume it's mostly about finding someone who takes on the leading role of
the emulation track and who feels responsible for that part of the code.

Alex