qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Please include .xz compressed tarballs (LZMA), and some ide

From: Shaun Gerber
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Please include .xz compressed tarballs (LZMA), and some ideas from Shaun.
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 15:27:44 +0200

Please include .xz compressed tarballs (LZMA), and some ideas from Shaun.

As you can see from this picture, including .xz and mybe .bz2 tarballs of
qemu will save allot of bandwidth on your server, also it will cost me less
cell-phone airtime to download :)

qemu-0.13.0.tar.gz is 5,184,531 bytes
qemu-0.13.0.tar.xz is 3,473,228 bytes

btw, Qemu is my favourite PC emulator, keep up the brilliant work.
Sidenote: Include 1440x900 display mode using -device vga,?
Sidenote: Also allow aspect ratio DPMS reporting ie, 16:9

Also, I had an idea that you guys might like, if you used linux vm86 mode
as an accelerator environment (Virtual 8086 mode, 16bit instructions).

XZ Utils: <http://tukaani.org/xz/>

 Thanks - Shaun