qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] problem running Windows XP on kvm

From: Michal Suchanek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] problem running Windows XP on kvm
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:20:02 +0200

On 16 September 2010 16:46, Avi Kivity <address@hidden> wrote:
>  On 09/16/2010 04:37 PM, Michal Suchanek wrote:

>> >  Hard to tell.  What are those storage drivers?
>> >
>> I built a MassStorage section for sysprep.
>>
>> Please see
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/639651/comments/2
>>

> Can you bisect this file to see which line triggers the error?

Not sure about that. As expected removing that part in the finished
image does not change anything, the file is used only while running
sysprep with the reseal option. Also none of the drivers I added
should be used in kvm so this should be reproducible by running

sysprep -bmsd
sysprep -mini -reseal -reboot

and rebooting once more after the setup finishes.

I will try to get an image that can work on kvm again.

Thanks

Michal