qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unmaintained QEMU builds

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unmaintained QEMU builds
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 16:41:00 +0200

Am 17.08.2010 um 21:56 schrieb Anthony Liguori:

I think we have a lot of dump-and-run features in QEMU whereas someone writes the patches to implement something and then disappears. Often time, the feature is not generally useful so the code just rots. I think an awful lot of the PPC boards and devices also fall into this category.

Considering that we're well over half a million lines of code today, I think we would do ourselves a favor by dropping some of the dead features we're carrying.

The only really broken ppc sysemu should be PReP atm, no? Otherwise I'm just aware of some OpenBIOS bugs.

Andreas