qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu make file

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu make file
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:21:44 +0100

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM, chandra shekar
<address@hidden> wrote:
> stefan sorry for bothering you but iam new to qemu i did the above steps
> and after 2nd step i got into gdb and i used "r" command to run, it gave
> qemu: could not open disk image [...]: No such file or directory
> so in place of [..] i have tried giving the image location which i have
> created
> and also the cdrom location but nothing works so can u tell what is that
> image
> location,thanks

Please keep address@hidden in the CC list so others can help too.

When I said "[...]" I meant "all the QEMU options you normally use".
If I normally use:

$ x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 -m 512 -cdrom fedora.iso

then I would do the following for GDB:

$ gdb --args x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 -m 512 -cdrom fedora.iso

The error message you have is just a path lookup issue.  Check your
current working directory and make sure the path to the image file is
correct.

Stefan