qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] target-sparc/TODO

From: Artyom Tarasenko
Subject: [Qemu-devel] target-sparc/TODO
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:59:04 +0200

2010/8/19 Blue Swirl <address@hidden>:

>> Is there a list of what is missing? You mentioned the pci bridges
>> before. What else?
>> Shall we maintain the TODO file for everything we find? Including
>> things we may fix within a few days after finding?
>
> Actually, we have a TODO file, see under target-sparc. Thanks for
> reminding me. ;-)

I know that we have it. I asked you about a year ago whether the
things in it were up to date. ;-)
What I mean is that we should update it really every time we find or
fix missing things. For example my current list of sun4m
features/fixes which may or may not be implemented in the near or far
future:

- esp: improve "Select with Attention" / "Select without Attention",
so that it's compatible with NetBSD 1.6-3.0.
- mxcc: implement missing registers so that SS-10/SS-20 OBPs would
work with the default CPU model
- le: improve for passing OBP loopback test. This would allow the
network boot (which is the default option for OBP when running under
qemu because NVRAM contents is invalid).
- nvram: add possibility to back it up with a file.
- add option rom file load for graphic card or for any SBus slot (the
second variant is preferable because it can be used to provide SS-20
OBP with fake or real dbri rom).
- slavio_timer: make it closer to the real HW than to specification.
NeXTStep OS relies on register contents after the mode change although
the documentation states it to be undefined.
- fix Solaris 2.2-2.5.1 boot hanging if the day of month is >20 (am
currently at it).

the list is unsorted. The "option rom file" point is already in the
TODO file but without reasoning.

I think one point in the current TODO is resolved:

- Interrupt routing does not match real HW

I think we are pretty good there at least for the single CPU machines.

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

solaris/sparc under qemu blog: http://tyom.blogspot.com/