qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unmaintained QEMU builds

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unmaintained QEMU builds
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:18:40 +0200

Am 11.08.2010 18:34, schrieb Blue Swirl:
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Stefan Weil <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

since several months, QEMU for Windows (and mingw32 cross builds)
no longer builds without error.

Not true for mingw32, it was building fine here until the latest commit.

That's a big surprise! Do you have a mingw32 version which includes setenv()?
My Debian mingw32-runtime 3.13-1 does not support setenv(), so
compilation gives a warning and linking gives an error.

And don't you get warnings from SDL headers which redefine
WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN?

I suspect that the same is true for QEMU on Darwin (lots of errors like
darwin-user/qemu.h:149: error: cast to pointer from integer of different
size),
but I'm not sure here because I have no valid Darwin test environment.
Maybe someone can test this.

What about these environments? They have no maintainers.
Should they be marked as unsupported? Are they still used?
Or should they be removed?

I compile test mingw32 very often, it's part of my build test setup.
If the build breaks, I may even fix the problem.

But perhaps darwin-user should be removed.