qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Anyone seeing huge slowdown launching qemu with Linux 2

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Anyone seeing huge slowdown launching qemu with Linux 2.6.35?
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 08:56:56 +0300

 On 08/03/2010 11:49 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:

We could demand that OSes write device drivers for more qemu devices
-- already OS vendors write thousands of device drivers for all sorts
of obscure devices, so this isn't really much of a demand for them.
In fact, they're already doing it.

So far, MS hasn't quite gotten the clue yet that they should write device drivers for qemu :-)

To be fair, we haven't actually demanded that they do.

In fact, noone has.

Strangely, the reverse has happened - I think virtualbox has written virtio device models for their VMM.

signature is too narrow to contain.