qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC adding ioctl's to virtserial/virtconsole

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC adding ioctl's to virtserial/virtconsole
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 12:53:00 -0500

On 08/03/2010 12:02 PM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
On 08/03/10 18:45, Anthony Liguori wrote:
On 08/03/2010 11:42 AM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
spice-vmc code registers/unregisters the interface within the spice
server. So the interface is only activated in case the guest uses it.
Spice client sees the interface being active or not and can act
accordingly.

So we have to migrate connected state?

virtio-serial handles that already.

And we have to propagate this upon load to the char device backend.

Do we assume that the chardev is in the CONNECTED state initially? If we do a loadvm at run time while we're in the CONNECTED state, do we generate a DISCONNECTED followed by CONNECTED state transition? If we loadvm to a state where we were in the DISCONNECTED state, does that generate DISCONNECTED followed by CONNECTED followed by DISCONNECTED or just DISCONNECTED?

This is exactly the type of problem that we've had in the past by not having an API that clearly forces management of life cycle.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

cheers,
  Gerd