qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question on save_globals() in TCG

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question on save_globals() in TCG
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:53:53 +0200

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 08:59:54PM +0900, Jun Koi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking at the save_globals() of TCG code, and it seems this
> function saves regular registers like EAX, ..., EDI back to CPU state.
>
> But I am not sure if it also saves value of other registers, like
> EFlags, Segments, CR*, DR*, ... (?)
> From what I saw, it doesnt seem to do so. Is it correct?

save_globals() is run before calling a function that can trigger a CPU
exception, to make sure that in that case all TCG variables are synced
with the CPU state.

Given the CPU state only uses "normal" registers, there is no need to
save the other registers.

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net