qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Migration Support in QEMU

From: Harder, Stefan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Migration Support in QEMU
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 11:39:28 +0200

Hi,

I've read in a Reservoir paper[1] the following passage:

"2.2.8 VEE-MIG: Migration of VMs between hosts that do not share storage
This code supports migraton of VMs between hosts that do not share storage.
Modifications have been
made to QEMU-kvm and libvirt. This code was developed by IBM Haifa Research
Lab. But we are in the
process of submitting it for open source distribution. The QEMU-kvm is
scheduled to be incorporated in
the QEMU release 0.12.0. The libvirt patch will be submitted once all
changes are offically accept to the
QEMU release."

This feature sounds really interesting to me but in the change log[2] I
couldn't find something about it. Can you tell me something about this? When
will it be incorporated?

Best Regards,

Stefan

[1]