qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bug Day - June 1st, 2010

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bug Day - June 1st, 2010
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 17:19:51 +0400

Anthony Liguori wrote:
[]
> For the Bug Day, anything is interesting IMHO.  My main interest is to
> get as many people involved in testing and bug fixing as possible.  If
> folks are interested in testing specific things like unusual or older
> OSes, I'm happy to see it!

Well, interesting or not, but I for one don't know what to do with the
results.  There were a thread on kvm@ about sigsegv in cirrus code when
running winNT. The issue has been identified and appears to be fixed,
as in, kvm process does not SIGSEGV anymore, but it does not work anyway,
now printing:

 BUG: kvm_dirty_pages_log_enable_slot: invalid parameters

with garbled guest display.  Thanks goes to Stefano Stabellini for
finding the SIGSEGV case, but unfortunately his hard work isn't quite
useful since the behavour isn't very much different from the previous
version... ;)

Also, thanks to Andre Przywara, whole winNT thing works but it requires
-cpu qemu64,level=1 (or level=2 or =3), -- _not_ with default CPU.  This
is also testing, but it's not obvious what to do witht the result...

Thanks!

/mjt