qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] 0.13.0 Release plan

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [RFC] 0.13.0 Release plan
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 11:52:43 -0300

On Tue, 18 May 2010 09:32:32 -0500
Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here's my current thinking for the 0.13.0 release.  Since there's a lot
> of activity going on with QMP, I'd like to move the release out to July 1st.
>
> Here's what I'd like to do between now and then:
>
>   - Do a detailed review of the QMP specification by sending out
> portions of the spec to the mailing list and waiting for at least 3 acks
> (Stefan/Anthony)

 Agreed.

 Actually I was wondering if this shouldn't be QMP's development plan,
ie. any QMP change which is protocol visible, must:

1. Add the proper entry in qmp-commands.txt
2. Get three ACKs on the list

 Of course that we need qmp-commands.txt merged. Jan has just finished
incorporating its contents in qemu-monitor.hx, now qmp-commands.txt is
generated from there.

 I will fix the doc's reported problems in his series and submit it.

>   - Redesign QError to be more consistent (Markus/Luiz)

 Yes, we have all issues pointed out by Avi too. I plan to look at them
as soon as the document is merged.

 However, the ones used by libvirt should be considered with extra care.

>   - Host a bug day on June 1st (more details in later note)

 Excellent idea, suggest asking in that thread if anyone volunteers to be
the issue tracker's 'maintainer' (main job is bug triage).

>   - Freeze stable-0.13 on June 21st and release 0.13.0-rc
>   - Accept only bug fixes for stable-0.13
>   - 0.13.0-rc2 release on June 28th
>   - 0.13.0 release on July 1st

ACK