qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Which functions writes to memory?

From: Jun Koi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Which functions writes to memory?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:56:48 +0900

Hi,

I am writing a small tool to trace all the activities that write to an
area of (virtual) memory in Qemu.
I am currently doing that by putting my code at the top of the below
macro in softmmu_header.h

static inline void glue(glue(st, SUFFIX), MEMSUFFIX)....

However, it seems I still miss some written events: in some occasions,
I believe that Qemu has another code writing data to memory, which
happens even before this macro.
Is it true that elsewhere, Qemu also writes into memory besides using
above function?

The memory area I am tracking for written events belong to normal area
in OS kernel, where usually only normal code (kernel, not something
like SMM handler)  write to.

Thanks a lot,
Jun