qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem with DOS application and 286 DOS Extender appli

From: Gerhard Wiesinger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Problem with DOS application and 286 DOS Extender application
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:32:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Roy Tam wrote:

2010/4/13 Gerhard Wiesinger <address@hidden>:
Hello,

I'm having a problem with a DOS application which uses a 286 DOS Extender,
error message is as the following:
unable to create task for execution
Interrupt 10 (Ah) while creating task: Invalid task segment selector.
Happens with QEMM386 and HIMEM.SYS/EMM386.EXE.

I guess the application does at this point swithing to 286 protected mode
and trying to move conventional memory up to EMS memory.

Issue is NOT present under VMWare Server 2.0 and with real hardware.

DOS; MS-DOS 6.22
QEMU: 0.12.3 under Fedora 11, 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.x86 on AMD Phenom II
Quad Core, x86_64-softmmu.

Any comments or ideas (I guess something with protected mode and MMU might
be wrong)?

You need to mention the program name so that people can try to
reproduce the bug.

It is a non public, proprietary application which uses the Ergo Computing 286 DOS Extender. I guess some other application which use the same DOS extender have the same problem. So best thing is to find another application which uses the Ergo Computing 286 DOS Extender, too.

Ciao,
Gerhard

--
http://www.wiesinger.com/