qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Semantic meaning of "stop" command?

From: Jun Koi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Semantic meaning of "stop" command?
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:02:09 +0900

Hi,

I always thought that the "stop" command provided by the monitor
interface would pause the VM completely, but it doesnt seem so?

I checked this by issuing the "stop" command on my VM, and noted its
clock. Few minutes later, I resumed the VM (with "cont" command). The
clock is immediately updated with the new time as if it is not paused,
while I expected that it is not aware that it was paused. So it seems
why its interface is frozen, the VM still keeps running in the
background?

So what is the real meaning of this "stop" command??
And if I want to completely pause the VM (not only its interface),
what should I do?

Thanks,
Jun