qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [Android-virt] Ideas wiki for GSoC 2010

From: Luiz Capitulino
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Android-virt] Ideas wiki for GSoC 2010
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:32:07 -0300

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:49:48 +0100
Christoffer Dall <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Avi Kivity <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 03/11/2010 02:03 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:
> >> Another idea I'd have would be upstream integration (and cleanup) of the
> >> ARM KVM port:
> >> https://wiki.ncl.cs.columbia.edu/wiki/index.php/AndroidVirt:MainPage
> >>

> > Huh, didn't even know this thing existed.  Definitely something to merge.
>
> I have been wanted to announce this work for some time, but always
> thought my patches were too unpolished. However, now is as good a time
> as any. In addition to the link provided by Alex, the sources can be
> viewed on http://git.ncl.cs.columbia.edu/git and I'm hoping to have
> something mature enough for upstream some time around the summer.

 I'd send RFCs early, just to be sure everything is going in the right
direction. It's okay to have unpolished code in RFCs.

> I'm unsure how this relates to GSoC, but let me me know how I
> could/should be involved.

 I'm not sure either, but doesn't seem a good project if it's only
polishing.

 On the other hand, if there's anything missing that should be
implemented you can be involved by suggesting the project and
becoming the mentor for it.

 Here is our ideas page:

http://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2010