qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Isochronous devices support in QEMU

From: Taimoor Mirza
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Isochronous devices support in QEMU
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:32:15 +0500

Hi all,

I've few questions about QEMU:

1) I read in QEMU's official documentation that in case of using host system devices "USB devices requiring real time streaming (i.e. USB Video Cameras) are not supported yet". Also there is no isochronous transfer based virtual USB device in QEMU. I want to know what is current status of Iso. support in QEMU? Can I test my Linux based USB host application for ARM with physical iso devices in host USB port?

2) I found a function "ohci_service_iso_td" in usb-ohci.c file in QEMU source code.

3) I am developing a Linux based USB device using Gadget API. Does QEMU provide USB function controller emulation in such a way that I can run plug this USB device at run time with host machine and can test it?

Regards,
Taimoor