qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] New API for asynchronous monitor commands

From: Avi Kivity
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] New API for asynchronous monitor commands
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 16:19:14 +0200

On 01/24/2010 04:01 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Instead of sending opaques everywhere (and having them correspond to different types in different cases), I would prefer it if the handle always accepted an AsyncCommandCompletion *. That makes it easier to follow the code, since there are no opaques you have to guess the true type of.

I agree with you in principle but the model of passing (function pointer, opaque) is pervasive within QEMU. I'd prefer consistency here and if we want to switch to something more like a function object, we do it globally.

At least some recent code has moved in this direction (together with container_of()), but I don't think there's a reason to press this issue now.