qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] M68K Or PPC Status Update to Run Mac OS in Qemu

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] M68K Or PPC Status Update to Run Mac OS in Qemu
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:56:50 +0100

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> Alexander Graf wrote:
>
>> OpenBIOS is missing an implementation for local variables. See this
>> thread:
>> http://www.openfirmware.info/pipermail/openbios/2009-July/003796.html
>>
>> Alex
>
> How do local variables work? Are they just substitutions for stack
> places?

I seriously am the last person to know anything about Forth :-). But I'm
sure Stefan can help out here. He's been looking into that before.

> If you can point me towards a specification for this, I can have a
> look and see how feasible it would be to add this to OpenBIOS.

1)
http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/viewcvs/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gforth/locals.fs?rev=1.8&view=markup

2) http://www.openfirmware.info/FCODE_suite
-> see "local value support"
-> has an incompatible license
-> contains links to documentation IIRC

3) http://www.forthos.org/
-> claims to have local value support, haven't found the sources yet

The code BootX executes:

http://www.openfirmware.info/pipermail/openbios/2009-July/003812.html

Alex