qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] qemu-kvm-0.12.0-rc2 released

From: Dustin Kirkland
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] qemu-kvm-0.12.0-rc2 released
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:58:23 -0600

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Avi Kivity <address@hidden> wrote:
> qemu-kvm-0.12.0-rc2 is now available.  This release is is based on the
> upstream qemu 0.12.0-rc2, plus kvm-specific enhancements.  Please see the
> original qemu 0.12.0-rc2 release announcement for details.
>
> This release can be used with the kvm kernel modules provided by your
> distribution kernel, or by the modules in the kvm-kmod package, such as
> kvm-kmod-2.6.32.
>
> Please give test this release out so we can enjoy a stable 0.12.0 final
> release.

Hi Avi/Anthony-

I'm working on the packaging updates for Ubuntu Lucid, and I'm having
trouble with the BIOS bits of qemu-kvm.

It seems that a fair amount of the BIOS submodules are missing.

The roms/ tree is basically empty.

I see some of the necessary bits in pc-bios/ and in kvm/vgabios/, but
not enough here to build a usable qemu-kvm-0.12.0~rc2 package yet.

:-Dustin