qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unclear committer situation

From: Riku Voipio
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unclear committer situation
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 13:31:04 +0200

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 12:51:25PM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
>> There are some subsystems where nobody feels responsible though,
>> apparently hoping 'someone else' will tske on it. Well, turns out it
>> doesn't work that way.

> The general problem is that someone has to step up to maintain these
> subsystems.  For some of them, there just isn't really a lot of interest.

I and Juha can take maintainence of the omap2 (and future omap3) stuff,
which obviously isn't mainted by anyone at the moment:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-06/msg00326.html

6 months for no action on a patch that fixes a "fails to boot" bug? No
wonder the android people have forked qemu so far...

> git pulls have been working really well for linux-user.  I'd like to
> continue that for new architectures.

I can provide the patches in the same way as git pull requests.