qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM v4t support

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM v4t support
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 02:15:17 -0600

On Friday 27 November 2009 05:17:32 Vincent Sanders wrote:
> I appear to be unable to take a hint, your silence on this patch in
> the past probably ought to have been a clue. however this will be the
> last time I bother to try and get anything merged so you wont have to
> be disturbed again.
>
> The attached patch adds V4t support to the ARM emulation, its pretty
> much the same as the last time it was posted. It is correct in
> everything it does to the best of my knowledge however you will as
> usual no doubt find a corner case it does not cover and reject it.

Confirming: Vincent's patch (this one) works for me.

I booted an armv4tl kernel and root filesystem under -cpu arm920t with this
patch.

I added "-cpu arm920t" to the qemu command line and switched the kernel .config

from "CONFIG_CPU_ARM926T=y" to "CONFIG_CPU_ARM920T=y", and it booted when
built with my armv4tl toolchain from
http://impactlinux.com/fwl/downloads/binaries/cross-compiler-armv4tl.tar.bz2

Acked-by: Rob Landley <address@hidden>

Rob