qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] OPT_SIZE parsing

From: Ian Molton
Subject: [Qemu-devel] OPT_SIZE parsing
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:37:42 +0000

Hi,

Qemu currently is making a bit of a hash of parsing suffixes,

Right now, it has:

T, G, M, and K  which are multiples of 1024 bytes - fair enough

but it also has:

k - 1024  (should be 1000)

and b:

Byte (also wrong)

since its only using a single character, with b taken, theres no way to
represent 'bit' unless I use B, which is a bit, well daft.

Would there be any issues if this was updated to parse
[T,t,G,g,M,m,K,k,][,B,b] type syntax, so we could have things like Kb
and MB for Kbits and Megabytes respectively ?