qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0

From: Natalia Portillo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Release plan for 0.12.0
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 05:38:52 +0100

The only opensource EFI implementation I know about is the Intel EFI Reference.

Dunno if it includes hardware initialization.

El 01/10/2009, a las 09:07, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger escribió:

On 01.10.2009 03:55, Natalia Portillo wrote:
for target-i386 and target-x86_64:

o EFI firmware emulation (as a machine or command line option)

Are there any opensource EFI implementations with hardware init? I know
that an opensource EFI glue layer exists, but AFAIK hardware init is
still closed source. That leaves coreboot+UEFI (works somewhat) or
SeaBIOS+UEFI (no idea if this is possible). If I missed an announcement
about opensource hw init for EFI, I wish to apologize.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--
http://www.hailfinger.org/