qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: CODING_STYLE

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: CODING_STYLE
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:00:21 +0200

"Michael S. Tsirkin" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Actually, I tried to tweak 'indent' to match QEMU style without much success.
>>
>> We could also select a new style, like Linux kernel one. I'm also not
>> a great fan of that either. But at least 'indent' could be used very
>> easily and I think there would be other benefits, like reuse of Git
>> hooks, patch checking scripts and Emacs configs. With full 'indent'
>> support all sources could be massaged mechanically to make the switch
>> less painful.
>>
>> Then there are K&R and GNU styles, but I like them even less.
>
> So ... Linux kernel style wins? What do others think?

Where do I have to sign?

I very much prefer Linux kernel style, but that is a preference.  Having
an style that indent understands is a great idea, as it makes trivial to
make sure that you are not going againsnt CodingStyle.  Bigger advantage
of Linux Kernel one is the infrastructure/hooks already again.

Later, Juan.

PD. I am also in the team that dislikes K&R and GNU (speciall GNU).

>From linux-2.6/Documentation/CodingStyle

                Linux kernel coding style

First off, I'd suggest printing out a copy of the GNU coding standards,
and NOT read it.  Burn them, it's a great symbolic gesture.