qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: optional feature

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: optional feature
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:51:28 -0500

Gleb Natapov wrote:
I don't know virtio enough to understand all those things below. I am
asking what is wrong about how RTC did it? You don't need if's or
whiles. You have general RTC sate in one table and things that needed by
rtc-td-hack in another table.

The only awkward bit is that we want to connect the savevm state to a qdev device. Ideally, each qdev device would have a single table of state.

 From vmstate point of view those are not
connected. Serialization/deserialization should support matching of
incomming binary blob to deserialize function.

With vmstate, we're moving away from the notion of blobs and serialization functions. Instead, for a given qdev device, vmstate describes it's state in a table.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori