qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: target_phys_addr_t definition

From: Johannes Luber
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: target_phys_addr_t definition
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:05:32 +0200

> "Johannes Luber" <address@hidden> wrote:
> So my question is: Does Qemu support 64-bit compilation
> for hosts correctly?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Johannes
>
> Dragons here.
>
> See configure, the interesting bit is:
>
> if [ $target_phys_bits -lt $hostlongbits ] ; then
>   target_phys_bits=$hostlongbits
> fi
>
> TARGET_PHYS_ADDR_BITS is the maximum of host + target long sizes.
>
> Later, Juan.

Thanks for the quick response! It seems that someone edited my local config.h
which resulted in losing the config-host.h. It would be nice if something like

#ifndef HOST_LONG_BITS
#error No HOST_LONG_BITS
#endif

could be included at appropriate places. This would make this problem
self-evident in the future.

Best regards,
Johannes