qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Problem in compiling qemu-0.10.6

From: Amey Moghe
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Problem in compiling qemu-0.10.6
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 19:55:24 +0530

Hello all,

I was trying to compile qemu-0.10.6 source code downloaded from following link:

http://www.qemu.org/download.html

so I followed following steps :

1) I first executed command : ./configure --target-list=arm-softmmu --disable-vnc-tls --disable-kvm

2) In that I got an error for libSDL dependency so I configured SDL1.3 source code and but I was facing errors so I tried to rectify it but I just couldn't.
   So I just tried SDL1.2.13 for configuring and it worked.
3) After that I executed : make  Results: no error found in this execution.

4) Next I executed sudo make install   , Results : no error found ..
5) But when I tried one test arm image downloaded from following link:

http://www.qemu.org/download.html

with command :
qemu-system-arm -kernel zImage.integrator -initrd arm_root.img  then I got following error :

Could not initialize SDL - exiting

So I again I tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/lib after compiling SDL-1.2.13 source code with --prefix=/opt/ then also It is giving me same error ...
i.e.
Could not initialize SDL - exiting

So please help in this regard..

Thanks,