qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Cirrus + "Desktop Effects" = Garbled screen

From: Brian Wheeler
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Cirrus + "Desktop Effects" = Garbled screen
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:28:19 -0400

I was playing with fedora 12 and trying to get the "Desktop Effects" to
work.  When I switch to it the screen appears as the attached
screenshot.  I've gotten the same results with moblin's default setup.

I grabbed the latest git and turned on debugging in cirrus for:

#define DEBUG_CIRRUS
#define DEBUG_BITBLT
#define DEBUG_VGA
#define DEBUG_VGA_REG

but nothing interesting is output (just the bitblts for the window
closing) when I hit the "gnome shell" radio button...so it may be a
guest issue.

The information is obviously there, but it looks like either the client
is writing it in the wrong format or the emulator is interpreting it
wrong.

Any ideas on how to debug this?

Thanks!
Brian