qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT 49e6637] Sparc32: convert eccmem

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT 49e6637] Sparc32: convert eccmemctl to qdev
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 21:29:17 +0300

On 7/12/09, Paul Brook <address@hidden> wrote:
> > +static void ecc_register_devices(void)
>  > +{
>  > +    sysbus_register_dev("ecc", sizeof(ECCState), ecc_init1);
>  > +}
>
>  I suggest using a name that is a little less generic than "ecc". The device
>  namespace is shared between all machines, and I'm pretty sure there are other
>  ecc controllers out there. What does OpenFirmware call this device?

It's "eccmemctl". Actually this was one of the things I was going to
check before committing but forgot to. I'll rename it.

OpenFirmware names are not always consistent, for example escc (Zilog
device name) is escc on PPC, but it's zs (Zilog serial) on Sparc32.
Likewise ata (PPC) vs. ide on Sparc64. I think it'll still be useful
to aim for OF compatible names if possible.