qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to port qemu-0.10.x to alpha host?

From: Stuart Brady
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to port qemu-0.10.x to alpha host?
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:35:55 +0100

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:24:17PM +0800, linu king wrote:
>     what should i do if i wanna port qemu-0.10.x to a new host (e.g.,
> alpha), suppose the target is x86, is it enough just adding a direcory named
> tcg/alpha and implementing two files, tcg-target.c and tcg-target.h, inside
> it. anything else to do ? it will be of great help if anyone can give me a
> complete roadmap or steps about qemu-0.10.x porting.

That's pretty much it.

For Alpha, the configure script and makefiles appear to have been already
taken care of.

The easiest approach would be to look at other targets, and see how they work.
You needn't bother implementing those ops that correspond to TCG_TARGET_HAS_*
definitions (see */tcg-target.h), and it would probably be best to implement
TCG ops only with the tightest possible constraints at first (i.e. register
operands only for all ops except qemu_{ld,st}*).

tcg/README documents most of what you should need.

Cheers,
--
Stuart Brady