qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] making changes to the documentation

From: G 3
Subject: [Qemu-devel] making changes to the documentation
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:46:46 -0400

How do I change the documentation on the page: http://www.nongnu.org/qemu/qemu-doc.html. I downloaded and edited the file using Netscape, but when I try using diff to create a patch file, almost all of the source code shows changes. Maybe someone else could do this for me. I want to change the Mac OS X section for Compiling from source to say this:

 6.4 Mac OS X

* Download Qemu's source code:http://www.nongnu.org/qemu/download.html

    * Double click on the file to have Stuffit Expander decompress it.

    * Open the Terminal Application (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal).

* In Terminal, change the current directory to Qemu's source code directory.

    * Type this command then press enter: ./configure --enable-cocoa

    * Then type this command and press enter: make

    * Lastly, type this command and press enter: sudo make install

    * Quit Terminal.

    * Start up Terminal.

    * Type "qemu" and push enter.

The "configure --enable-cocoa" command will take about a minute to execute. The "make" command could take up to an hour to complete. While it executes, you will see "CC file_name" (with file_name being the current file being worked on) listed down the window. The "sudo make install" will install qemu and each emulator's bios in appropriate directories.