qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows runtime error

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Windows runtime error
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 18:15:54 +0100

> It would be nice to avoid this restriction. For example, fdc init
> could take pointers to the DMA functions as parameters.

It, could, but it'll need rewriting anyway when it gets converted to the new
device API. What we really want is a consistent way of transferring data
between devices (aka "DMA channels"). We already have several different ad-hoc
implementations. pcnet, etraxf_eth and omap_dss and pxa2xx_dma are ones that
spring to mind.

Paul