qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT 5561650] Include assert.h fr

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: [Qemu-commits] [COMMIT 5561650] Include assert.h from qemu-common.h
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 08:15:22 -0500

Avi Kivity wrote:
Stefan Weil wrote:
qemu-common.h includes most of the typical standard headers,
so they might be removed from all QEMU source files which
include qemu-common.h.

I prefer that each source file (.c or .h) explicitly include all the headers for each of the symbols used in that file. Otherwise it is difficult to remove headers when no longer needed.

So do I although it can get ugly supporting multiple host architectures. You do end up needing things like qemu-socket.h that include the platform specific headers but that doesn't mean we need a single header for all includes.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori