qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bring in all the Linux headers we depend on in QE

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Bring in all the Linux headers we depend on in QEMU
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 08:30:51 -0500

Avi Kivity wrote:
At least on Fedora, kernel-headers is. It is installed in /usr/include/linux and is synced (sorta) to the installed kernel.

It's not the case with Ubuntu.

Carrying a subset of kernel headers is a bit too much, IMO.

Carrying virtio, kvm, and if_tun would be sufficient IMO. I think depending on /usr/include/linux is okay for kvm and if_tun, but virtio needs to be buildable without /usr/include/linux.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori