qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] updating git tree

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] updating git tree
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:17:20 +0200 CEST

> To commit individual files, use `git add file1.c`, then `git commit`
> without -a.
> You can check `git status` for what'll get committed.

That I guessed, but there is no way to forbid commiting deleted files
at once...

> While individual commands are referred to as git-svn, for instance,
> you need to call them without dash since v1.6, e.g., `git svn`.
> So `git config --global user.email address@hidden should do the trick
> iirc. But does it matter locally? ;)

Yes I tried this too.
Again, git is too old here and ENOSPC to distupgrade yet.

Found out in man pages one can either use ~/.git/config with .ini like
sections:
[user]
        name = "François Revol"
        email = "address@hidden"

or
export GIT_AUTHOR_NAME="François Revol"
export GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL="address@hidden"
export GIT_COMMITTER_NAME="François Revol"
export GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL="address@hidden"
which I've done in the project-local .profile.

François.