qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] REMINDER: QEMU SVN => GIT switch today at 5pm CST

From: François Revol
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] REMINDER: QEMU SVN => GIT switch today at 5pm CST
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 19:18:00 +0200 CEST

> > svn up + vim + svn resolved :D
>
> So all your patches are maintained as changed to the currently
> working
> directory in svn??

Not like there are too many, just this usb-hid one isn't yet commited.
And I started a popen() audio out but didn't finish.

It works fine usually, plus I have many other things checked out from
cvs or other I need to maintain anyway... mostly ffmpeg because they
think "porting" means porting the OS to the app and so are rejecting
some obvious stuff.

> You should really invest in learning git or mercurial.  It will make
> your life a lot easier.  It's pretty trivial to create a local hg
> mirror
> from a git tree.

At least hg was easy to port to BeOS (still had to change some lines
due to people using #!/usr/bin/env python to locate python and just
moving the issue to env itself...)
Still I don't like much those hashes around, and I always need to dig
the gitweb 10min just to get to the source tree...

> In the very least, you should look at something like quilt.  Then you
> can avoid ever learning about git if that's what you wish.

Maybe, I'll queue it on my TODO list.

Btw, the CC field is getting crowded... when I talk bout misconfigured
lists...

François.