qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] resetting a stale VNC connection

From: Yaniv Kaul
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] resetting a stale VNC connection
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 19:38:54 +0300

On 4/21/2009 7:28 PM, David S. Ahern wrote:
Yaniv Kaul wrote:
On 4/21/2009 7:12 PM, Avi Kivity wrote:
David S. Ahern wrote:
'egrep -r SO_KEEPALIVE qemu' did not turn up any hits for the VNC code.
Can it be enabled within qemu via command line arg?
It's not in the code AFAIK.  I was suggesting to add it
(unconditionally).

Ok, I misunderstood your last response. I'll add it, unconditionally.

I am not aware of an OS setting to enable keepalives for all sockets. Is
there one in RHEL5?
I don't think so.  But enabling keepalives for vnc should be a one
liner (or rather two, since we want to change the default interval).

What default interval would you prefer over the global values?

I think it should (also?) honor the 'shared desktop' flag.

What do you mean by the 'shared desktop' flag?
VNC clients send a flag called 'shared-flag' in their init message.
From  http://www.realvnc.com/docs/rfbproto.pdf  , section 6.3.1 ClientInit:
Shared-flag is non-zero (true) if the server should try to share the desktop by leaving other clients connected, zero (false) if it should give exclusive access to this client by
disconnecting all other clients.
david