qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] BIOS and VGABIOS

From: Volker Ruppert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] BIOS and VGABIOS
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:40:30 +0200

Hi!

> I plan on grabbing a new version of the Bochs BIOS and VGABIOS before
> the 0.11 release.  I guess the 0.11 release will happen sometime around
> August of this year.  Do you have any suggestion about what time frame
> would be the best to pull it wrt overall stability?

LGPL'd VGABIOS:
Only a few changes have been made in the last 10 months, so I decided to
change the version number from 0.6b to 0.6c following the version number
format used in the past. I only wanted to have a new version for our new
Bochs release and I don't expect important changes in the next months.
So you can use the release 0.6c for Qemu if you want to.

Bochs BIOS:
We currently preparing the new Bochs release 2.4 (pre1 released on April
18th). I think it's a good time to sync the BIOS and update the patch queue
when the final release is out. I don't know exactly when we do that, but I
expect that it can happen in May.

--
Thanks

Volker