qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: start qemu failed with --enable-kvm -vga std

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: start qemu failed with --enable-kvm -vga std
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 17:47:06 +0000

On Wednesday 08 April 2009, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <address@hidden>
>
>             Glauber Costa <address@hidden> writes:
> : In all seriousness, no matter how good your series for improving kvm
> : registration
> : are, it is unlikely to hit the stable branch. So I believe a good deal
> : would have something
> : on the line of this patch applied to stable, leaving unstable as is,
> : until we can find a better
> : solution.
>
> Huh?  It is unlikely to be merged into stable, so let's commit it to
> stable?

I think the suggestion is that we apply an ugly hack on just the stable
branch, and fix it properly later on the development.

FWIW I think this is a bad idea. We should never fix something on the stable
branch that isn't also fixed on the development branch. If the changes are
causing problems, then my suggestion is to revert the original change (i.e.
the support for >64k roms).

Paul