qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] mipsIV support for mips-linux-user

From: Vince Weaver
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] mipsIV support for mips-linux-user
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 13:29:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

Do you have the end of qemu.log when running your code with -d in_asm,op?

The first cop1x instruction happens relatively deep into the program, so the debugging dump is pretty larege. How far back do you want?

It looks like no matter what cpu option I pick, the HFLAGS is set to 0x0022 (which is only the usermode and FPU flags).

Because of this the generated assembly in the debug output unconditionally generates an illegal instruction exception the first time a cop1x instruction is executed (in my case, "msub.d")

I've been digging through the qemu mips code, and I can't seem to find where the hflags are set in the usermode case.

The only place that sets the MIPS_HFLAG_COP1X is in exec.h, "compute_hflags()" but that doesn't ever seem to be called if CONFIG_USER_ONLY

Vince