qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Status of SH4 support in repository

From: Shin-ichiro KAWASAKI
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Status of SH4 support in repository
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:27:14 +0900

Rob Landley wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2009 06:28:05 Shin-ichiro KAWASAKI wrote:
>> Kristoffer Ericson wrote:

>>> My mistake I did something wrong when I built it earlier, currently
>>> it works somewhat. What doesnt work is keyboard,mouse and booting
>>> from image file (seems like to bootstring isnt being aknowledged).
>> Current qemu sh4 system emulation does not support either usb host
>> or kernel boot command line.  You still need to apply some patches
>> to use those features.
>>
>> Please check qemu-sh patch staging repository, which holds patches
>> for qemu-sh. README in it explains how to apply.
>>   http://git.kernel.org/?p=virt/qemu/lethal/qemu-sh.git;a=summary
>
> My blocker is the lack of a working -append.  You have a git tree for a
> collection of 5 patches, which then wants to invoke "quilt" to apply them.
> (Seems like overkill.)
>
> At a guess, this seems like the patch that implements it is
> staging/sh4-r2d-update-pci-usb-and-kernel-management.patch
>
>> To apply all them, you need to role back qemu to rev 6215, for now.
>
> No you don't, you just need a chainsaw and some duct tape...
>
>> The patch for usb host is already posted to qemu-ml.  But I guess
>> patch for kernel boot command line for r2d is not yet posted.
>
> I adjusted the above patch to apply to current qemu svn, and attached the
> result, but it didn't make -append work.  It's still using the hardwired one.
>
> Any suggestions?  (Do I need to look at the other patches?  This one looked
> like it was _trying_ to fix the problem...)

Yoshii-san already turned on the chainsaw the day before yeterday. :)
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-02/msg00727.html

And I guess, -append option is valid only if the kernel zImage does
not contain built in kernel arguments : the kernel in sh-test-0.1.tar.bz2
contains it. Here's the one without arguments, I hope it helps.

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/qemu-sh4/documents/aVMOyC-DGr3y5PeJe5afGb/download?filename=r2d_nokernelarg_zImage

Regards,
Shin-ichiro KAWASAKI