qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Cutting a new QEMU release

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Cutting a new QEMU release
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 13:01:59 +0100

Anthony Liguori schrieb:

> kqemu is unsupported and unmaintained.
>
> Regards,
>
> Anthony Liguori

The kvm kernel module could be a good replacement for kqemu
for those running linux on new cpus.

It does not play this role in current linux distributions because
you will need newer versions of kvm which are sometimes
difficult to compile.

It will never play this role for those running "old" cpus.

And it will never play this role on Windows (or is there a kvm
for Windows?). I am surprised that nobody mentions this part
in the discussion.

So even if kqemu is unmaintained, the Qemu developers
should at least maintain the interface.

I'd prefer to have a svn tree with kqemu beside qemu.
Then patches could be sent, and maybe some day there could
be a maintainer, too.

Integration of code from virtualbox could be a way to replace
kqemu, but I don't see this coming in the near future.

Regards
Stefan Weil