qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to hook syscall in guest OS?

From: Clemens Kolbitsch
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to hook syscall in guest OS?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:10:56 +0100

> Hi all,
>
> i want to know if is it possible to intercept syscall's entry point and
> exit point for both  Linux and Windows guest operating system in Qemu from
> the host Operating System. If is it possible how can I do it?
>
> Thanks in advance for help
>
> Best Regards

Hi Antonio,

I'm not sure if there is an easier way, but back when Qemu still had TB code
together with dyn_gen, it was very easy to insert a function call (i.e. a
hook) into the code of the "int" and "sysenter" code blocks.

Using this hook, you can use the registers, etc. to see if it was a system
call. I'm not sure how it works with the current intermediay code generation,
but maybe this hint can guide you into a direction that might work ;-)

Cheers,
Clemens