qemu-devel

More displaystate fallout? (was: Re: [Qemu-devel] testing qemu svn r6367

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: More displaystate fallout? (was: Re: [Qemu-devel] testing qemu svn r6367 on FreeBSD - sigev_signo; vmmouse, -vga vmware broken, slirp...)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 00:12:48 +0100

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 03:19:45PM +0100, J??drzej Kalinowski wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 00:14:36 +0100, Juergen Lock <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> >  I've made another experimental FreeBSD qemu-devel port update,
> >     http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20090118.patch
> > and of the few things I've tested so far I only found vmmouse and -vga
> > vmware
> > broken now, vmmouse leaves the mouse cursor stuck in the top left corner,
> > and -vga vmware causes a broken display at least with xorg's vmware
> driver.
> > (both of these worked at least with the r6082, 2008-12-18 snapshot as
> > posted in
> >     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-12/msg01417.html
> > )
> >
> >  virtio and hpet still seem to work, and slirp indeed seems to finally
> work
> > on amd64 hosts.
> >

> >  More tests welcome...
> >

> Hello, I succesfully built it on CURRENT, however i get a segmentation
> fault, when trying
> to enter qemu monitor or serial console (left Alt+2,3).

Btw here it's ctrl-alt-2 to get to the monitor at least with sdl.

> Can you reproduce this behaviour? The problem does not appear on your
> previous snapshot from 2008-12-18.

 No I cannot reproduce that (at least on 6.3/i386 and an older
7-stable/amd64), can you get a backtrace?  (do something like:
        gdb
/usr/ports/emulators/qemu-devel/work/qemu-snapshot-2009-01-18_18/i386-softmmu/qemu
 qemu.core
and then in gdb do `bt' - that qemu executable below the work/ dir should
still have debug symbols so you'll get a more meaningful backtrace than
with the installed executable from below /usr/local/bin.)

 I do notice tho that the monitor output on vc is slow now, almost as if
coming over a 1200 bps serial line or so... :)  So definitely _something_
has changed.  (now that I look for it, the guest's vga textconsole might
have been faster before as well, tho its not _as_ slow as the monitor.)

 Oh and if I put the monitor on qemu's tty (-monitor stdio) its also
not slow.

 Cheers,
        Juergen