qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu's pci device emulation and dma capabilities

From: Vinay Venkataraghavan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu's pci device emulation and dma capabilities
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:42:41 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I have just started to work with QEMU and had a few questions. The questions I
have are:

1. Is it possible to extend the capability of the PCI network card emulation in
qemu to other generic cards. The
    motivation for my question arises from the fact that I would like to
simulate a certain piece of hardware which
    is not available at the moment, and would thus like to get a head start on
writing drivers for that particular
    piece of hardware.

2. Secondly, does the emulated pci devices for example the NIC that qemu allows
the user to add, have dma
    support.

I have scrounged the entire QEMU development mailing list and was not able to
find information surrouding this area. I am also interested to do some work if
need to be to add such support to qemu. Any help in this area would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.
- Vinay