qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Replace posix-aio with custom thread pool

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Replace posix-aio with custom thread pool
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:51:09 -0600

Chris Wright wrote:
* Anthony Liguori (address@hidden) wrote:
It's available in recent kernels I see! so the fix is easy. Only
problem is how to pass CLONE_IO to pthread_create... We'll have to
make a linux-only change and call clone by hand under some #ifdef
CLONE_IO.
I have no problem with this and I believe Chris was going to attempt an implementation.

I have an implementation that is just raw clone and futex (so not portable
from linux/x86).  I'll post it later today.  We'll need glibc changes
down the road to properly handle.

I just committed the posix-aio switch to thread pool so it would be great if you could base on that.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

thanks,
-chris