qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: SH4: Implement FD bit

From: Laurent Desnogues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: SH4: Implement FD bit
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:57:34 +0100

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Lionel Landwerlin
<address@hidden> wrote:
> According to you, should the FD bit be "up" by default in user mode emulation
> ?
>
> By putting the FD bit "down" in cpu_sh4_reset(target-sh4/translate.c), I'm
> able to restore initial
> behavior of user mode emulation (that means, qemu does not exits very early
> before libc initialization
> (see the traces before)).
>
> Maybe putting down the FD bit should be done in a user mode part only... I'm
> wondering...

It doesn't look unacceptable to have some features enabled
in user mode that are not set at reset, since typically the OS
will enable these features either as its boot process or
depending on a process requirements.

BTW ins't the need for floating-point instructions contained
in some ELF SH4 flags?

Laurent